****WINDOWS CE VERSION OF EVOSCAN GPS NAV is now out of production.... make way for new tech... the ANDROID****
Old files for the EvoScanPPC (Pocket PC WindowCE) version will remain here forever... template files and template designer can be used between the android version and the old evoscanppc version though, maybe just a few alignment tweaks.
5 June 2012 - EvoScanPPC v2.7 Download Here
Now allows gauge display to use the PeakHold Minimum.. The Maximum worked, but the Minimum didn't, this has now been fixed. Great for those G-Force Sensor screens. PeakHold with Minimum set will display as Blue. the PeakHold with Maximum set will display as Red. Just the exe is updated, replace the EvoScanPPC.exe on your sdcard folder \EvoScanPPC\ with the exe from inside this zip file.
1 June 2012 - EvoScanPPC v2.6 Download Here
Allows the first DTC code of EvoX MUTIII DTC to be displayed. It shows the total count of DTC, but just displays the first DTC.
Just the exe is updated, replace the EvoScanPPC.exe on your sdcard folder \EvoScanPPC\ with the exe from inside this zip file.
15 May 2012 - Lost or damaged your Y adapter cable?
Note: keep the usb cable as short as possible to reduce the chance of signal loss.
Note: gps nav is 5volts, and openport usb cable is 5volts.. do NOT apply any higher vehicle voltages.
USB Y Cable:
DIY Y Adapter Cable:
just buy a straight through normal male mini usb to female usb cable. connect it to the openport2 and gpsnav. and splice into it, in the splice just connect a 5v charger (2 wires, one for 5v red, and one for -ve black), inside the usb cable connect 5v to the red wire and ground to the black wire. (only use 5volts - do NOT connect vehicle voltage)
16 April 2012 - 2010 Mitsubishi EvoX - GTR style gauges for EvoScan GPS Navigator
14 February 2012 - Gauge Designer v2.5.0002 Download Here
• When designing a gauge the position of each Numeric Gauge was out by 5 pixels, its now fixed, this only effected Left, and Right Aligned numeric gauges, Centred numeric gauges were ok.
13 January 2012 - EvoScanPPC v2.5 Download Here. (includes Gauge Designer v2.5)
• Aligned version numbers between EvoScanPPC/GPSNav and GaugeDesigner.exe which makes it easier to know which versions support the required features.
• Added new Action options to ActionButtons for gauges...
- EvoXecuReset will work with OpenPort 2.0 and EvoX, pressing it reset the learned fuel trims on next key off/on. Vehicle must be connected and datalogging on the gauge screen for this EvoXecuReset button to work.
- Start New Log / Mark Log Point / End Log buttons added to v2.5 gauges as per request from JohnnyTSi on evolutionm.net forums.
12 January 2012 - EvoScanPPC v2.4 Download Here. (includes Gauge Designer v1.7)
• Fixed: The circular bar gauges aren't displaying values (last was working v2.1) fixed now.
• Added a few updated gauge templates, Added a few more circular gauges to the GTR gauges.
• Fixed: EvoX datalogger gets stuck when turning the vehicle off in the middle of datalogging.
• Added: "evoxecureset" ActionButton, edit the gauge template txt file manually (because I haven't added it in the GaugeDesigner ActionButton dropdown yet). This gauge button will reset EvoX ECU learned fuel trims, you press this button during datalogging on the gauge screen, and then the next time the Vehicle Key is cycled (off/on) you will see that the trims are reset.
• Hold EvoScan logo top right to soft reset the device (required once for EvoX/op2 drivers after a cold boot.)
• Click EvoScan logo top right to easily open the Gauges screen
• Has faster loading times. (now uses ini style setting txt files instead of slower xml files)
• SST Gearbox Temperature for EvoX fixed, no longer slows the logging down.
• Has Gauge Flip Option for Heads Up Display (HUD) on your windshield. Special TIP: Use a piece of tint film to reduce the double reflection caused by the thickness off the windshield glass.
• Added Evo4/5/6 AYC support.
• Added Evo4/5/6 ABS support.
• Added Evo7/8/9 ACD datalogging. (using openport 1.3D/R/U cable)
• FIXED: Openport2 and InvalidCastException error when a wideband was selected but not attached at the moment.
• Added new openport 2.0 driver for EvoX datalogging. Better openport 2.0 responsiveness. (sorry after a cold boot start openport 2.0 evoX owners still need to do a soft reset by holding the evoscan logo image down, I can't get around this unless someone knows how to edit the XIP rom file to include the dll and registry setting)
• Added "Signed" data xml option to the EvoX Openport 2.0 datalogging, some MUTIII CAN readings are Signed Integers.
• Added auto scroll the main screen data item selection list when press-and-hold the down or up arrows.
• Added support for DLP IO-8 channel 0-5v Analogue to Digital USB adapter. Just add the dlp lines to your data.xml file, I have added them to the MUTII section, but you can copy them down to your EvoX ecu section of the data.xml file if you like.
• SPECIAL TIP #1: Click the EvoScan logo to display Gauges.
• SPECIAL TIP #2: Click AND HOLD the EvoScan logo to reset the device, useful when the usb hub or usb port is frozen. reset bootup time is only a few seconds on these devices. (sorry there is no easy way to auto start EvoScanPPC.exe on boot up, I've tried heaps)
• SPECIAL TIP #3: There are a lot usb hubs that don't come out of standby properly or don't work at all. if you have problems with your usb hub, replace it with the cheapest usb hub you can find. the cheaper ones seem to be more usb specification compliant.
• SPECIAL TIP #4: The length of the USB data cable can affect reliability, try and remove any mini usb extension cords or usb hubs if you are having any connectivity problems. (the usb car charger power cable, and CAN extension cable can be of any length)
• SPECIAL TIP #5: If you get any of the strange windows ce error messages or dialogs popup, just hold down the EvoScan logo to reset the device. e.g, Communications Error, Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. Remote Networking could not start due to a critical error (Error 608).
• SPECIAL TIP #6: For openport 2.0/EvoX if you don't get any connection even after you have held down the EvoSCan logo and soft reset the device, then just pull the miniusb cable from the side of the gpsnav briefly and put it back in, this will reset the usb. and it will work straight away.
13 August 2011 - EvoScanPPC v2.3 Download Here. (includes Gauge Designer v1.7)
• Has many connection enhancements.. very reliable for many many weeks without a restart, I'm very happy.
The current default settings for v2.3 are set as follows
• Defaults to Evo7/8/9 (to use on other vehicles such as Subaru/OBDII/CAN OBDII/EvoX just go into options->settings and select your car, and openport 2.0 if you have that. and metric if you are in Australia/UK/NZ)
• Fuel Consumption is showing mpg miles per gallon (i.e. Imperial, change to Metric in the settings for L/100Km)
• I had ticked ZTXWideband/ZTXBoost/ZTXEGT because I have a Zeitronix wideband on a FTDI serial to usb adapter connected to a hub and have the openport 1.3U also connected to the hub. If you have a different wideband, unselect the zeitronix items from the main screen readings list, and tick Innovate LC1 or AEM wideband instead.
• 0-60mph and 60-0mph works really awesome.
• I have unticked all the alarms in the settings screen, because some people didn't know what the noise meant when they heard it, they thought it was a bug. So I'll leave it up to you to go into the EvoScan options alarm settings and tick your alarms you want that are important to you.
• It only has some of the 2008-2010 EvoX settings loaded into the data.xml, if you have a 2011 EvoX, send me an email and I'll directly copy some of the dataitems from the windows version of EvoScan data.xml over to the EvoScanPPC\DataSettings\Data.xml file.
• I added AutoRun.inf and EvoScan.ico to the base directory of the sdcard.. its awesome because it makes an EvoScan drive icon and drive name when you plug the sdcard into your windows PC.
• Leave the Gauge Designer v1.7 exe program on the sdcard, and run it from windows directly on the sdcard to edit the gauge layouts designs... SDCARD:\EvoScanPPC\EvoScanPPCGaugeDesigner.exe any gauges you edit will directly be saved on SDCARD:\EvoScanPPC\GaugeTemplates\
• If you need different Gauge png graphics background files, they can be edited here: \EvoScanPPC\GaugeTemplates\ and \EvoScanPPC\GaugeTemplates\GaugeParts\
• SPECIAL TIP #1: Click the EvoScan logo on the main data readings screen of the EvoScan GPSNAV, and it will display the gauges.
20 May 2011 - EvoScanPPC Gauge Designer v1.7 Download now available, click here to download.
Some GPS Navigator owners might want to subscribe to these forum threads... some good reading..
UPDATE: 20th December 2010 Evoscan PPC Gauge Display Editor v1.2
• Run on a Windows PC/Laptop
• Copy the EvoScanPPCGaugeDesinger.exe to \EvoScanPPC\ Folder on your SD card, and run from there, this way it will edit your gauge templates on your sdcard ready for next use in your vehicle.
• Log a support ticket if you find anything out of place, as this is the first public release of this new tool.
Did you reset your igo gps navigation software settings by accident?
Also note, some people aren't reading the cable selector page carefully,
Make sure the gps setting options is on port 2, baudrate 4800.
you will need an openport 1.3D, 1.3R or 1.3U cable to datalog on the EvoScan GPS Navigator for Mitsubishi 1994-2007 and Subaru 1999-2007, Openport 2.0 is only supported for EvoX Mode23 Datalogging on the EvoScan GPS Navigator. This is because the openport 1.3 is old school, and is the best. :)
• This is a FULL copy of the EvoScanPPC folder.. backup or rename your existing EvoScanPPC folder on the SD Card first.
UPDATE: 19th October 2010 EvoscanPPC.exe v2.2Beta BETA only, some gauge screens still work in progress.
• The EvoScanPPC folder for the old version should be pushed out of the way to make room for the new version (i.e rename the existing EvoScanPPC folder to something else)
• I think the new xml and txt gauge template files should not be mixed with the old ones.
Data.xml and EvoScan.xml I think is ok, but you can compare with a compare program.
The gauge templates definately aren't compatable, and you should make your changes again on the new gauge template files if you have personal changes to make to the gauge template txt layouts.
INFO: 12th August 2010 - EvoScan GPS Navigator Display Unit supports 16GB SDHC sd cards (brand tested was Verbatim Class6) I'm sure all other types and brands of 16GB sdcards will also work fine. 32Gb remains untested yet.
Map updates for other countries available.. Please log a helpdesk support ticket for other country map updates.
UPDATE: 2nd August 2010 GPS Navigation Software:
R3 Maps for iGo8
Keep your \EvoScanPPC\ folder intact on the sdcard, but move your old \Navigator\ folder somewhere else before starting this.
• igo R3 v8.3.4 • I consider this the best navigation software version available, it has the cool trip meters and speedo that other versions don't have. Download v8.3.4 Here (22Mb) (contains no maps, download the maps individually below)
• igo R5 v8.5.9 • This has a marketing name of "iGo Primo", it has a fairly cool skin, and animations, but doesn't have any trip meters or speedos, it only has Distance remaining, Time Left, Arrival Time. Download Here
Ensure you upgrade to iGo Navigator v8.3.4 or Higher.
the "NAVIGATION" icon on the main menu always executes the file on the sdcard: \NAVIGATOR\navigator.exe so make sure this folder is exact and this exe exists.
The folders in these zip files go into the \NAVIGATOR\content\ folder on the sdcard, if its just a .fbl map file then it goes into the \NAVIGATOR\content\map\ folder on the sdcard, if its a .poi Point-Of-Interest file then it goes into the \NAVIGATOR\content\poi\ folder on the sdcard.
The *.fbl map files in these zip files go into the \NAVIGATOR\content\map\ folder on the sdcard.
The *.poi Point-Of-Interest file then it goes into the \NAVIGATOR\content\poi\ folder on the sdcard.
The *.dem Digital Elevation Model file then it goes into the \NAVIGATOR\content\dem\ folder on the sdcard.
The *.3dl 3D Landmark file then it goes into the \NAVIGATOR\content\building\ folder on the sdcard.
The *.3dc 3D Building file then it goes into the \NAVIGATOR\content\building\ folder on the sdcard.
The *.ph Phonetic file then it goes into the \NAVIGATOR\content\phoneme\ folder on the sdcard.
2010 Map Updates: (send me a support ticket if you can't find the map you are looking for here)
Digital Elevation Model (DEM) represents the terrain surface with mountains, valleys and even smaller height variations like hills. DEM enhances the life-like visualisation of reality. It helps the driver by confirming visually the physical terrain, and can immediately understand the surroundings.
UPDATE: 22nd June 2010 EvoscanPPC.exe v2.1
• This is a FULL copy of the EvoScanPPC folder.. backup or rename your existing EvoScanPPC folder on the SD Card first
• The gauges in this feature have been modified by changing template2.txt in notepad, the built in menu screen to modify gauge settings has been disabled in this version, if you are not comfortable with editing the Gauge template files perhaps its better to wait for v2.2 when I will have an Gauge Setup options screen to edit the items on the multi-gauge screens and it will be a lot nicer for non techo users.
• Files updated: \EvoScanPPC\EvoScanPPC.exe
• Fixes ValueFontSize bug for NumericGauge.
• now includes GaugeTemplate version checking. i.e. Minimum EvoScanPPC Version, v2.1
• BarGauge Images now supports BarGaugeDirections Left, Right, Up, Down. Includes working Peak Bar line.
\EvoScanPPC\DataSettings\Data.xml (made load faster by removing notes fields)
\EvoScanPPC\GaugeTemplates\Template2.txt (sample for new bargauge directions)
\EvoScanPPC\BarImage1.png (New Sample image for BarGauge)
\EvoScanPPC\BarImage2.png (New Sample image for BarGauge)
19th June 2010: Update EvoScanPPC.exe v2.0
• Now includes Gauge template button so that you can cycle between different gauge template files with the click of an image button. This will take us one step closer to building a full replica of the GTR skin gauges, for example the buttons 1 2 3 4 5 A B C D E along the top can take you to different gauge template file screens.
• Now includes BarGauge image template type, so that you can display a bar gauge image that can go from 0-100% depending on the value start and value end you set. Currently only the direction: Right is implemented. This will take us one step closer to building a full replica of the GTR skin gauges.
• Now includes close Gauge template button, so that you can click an image to close the Gauge Screen.
• NOTE: If you have a good Gauge Template2.txt from your previous version of EvoscanPPC, copy it over. because the Template2.txt file (+Template1.txt +Template3.txt) included in this release is just a TEST version of the new Gauge Template features for advanced users.
• Now you can do 0-100kph and 0-60mph timers. also 100-0kph and 60-0 decleration timers. Switch between metric (kph) and imperial (mph) in the main settings screen.
examples in the latest data.xml file include: 29-32mph Time, 0-30mph Time, 0-60mph Time, 32-29mph Time, 30-0mph Time, 60-0mph Time (and all the KPH metric equivalents)
you can edit the data.xml file to do you own customized speed timers.
• Reminder, untick Show Readings in the Main settings, this will speed up the gauge readouts.
• Reminder, you can click the EvoScan logo in the top right of the main screen to open the gauges. Or just set the auto start gauges in the settings screen.
• Reminder, you don't need to do a soft reset on evoscan start if you are prompted. that is only for EvoX openport 2.0 cables.
• Reminder once you load the new version onto your device, goto the Options, and in Main Settings re-select your cable type (Openport 1.3U, OpenPort2.0) and reselect your Metric or Imperial, and reselect your Vehicle type.
• Note, you can copy your alarms.xml file and ROMS folder from your old EvoScanPPC folder, it is still compatable.
• Note, new Alarm wav files included: bus_horn.wav, gunshot.wav, oh_no.wav (thanks to whoever it was that sent them to me)
3rd June 2010: Update EvoscanPPC.exe v1.9
• Now includes 0-60mph timer and 0-100kph gauge timer.
• Fix for LC1 gaps in csv log file.
2nd June 2010: Update for Navigator software
• iGo Navigator Primo v22.214.171.124948 (works with R3 maps) 43.7Mb
• iGo Navigator Primo v126.96.36.199948 (includes R3 NZ/AU maps) 172.8Mb
23rd May 2010: Update EvoScanPPC.exe v1.8
• Fix for hardcoded kph/mph label on the speed gauge wouldn't go away.
• New GTR gauge template designed by CatalystGod. Download Here
5th May 2010: Nice write up for EvoX and EvoScan GPS Navigator by CatalystGod here at EvoX Forums.
EvoScanPPC stands for EvoScan Pocket PC.
The EvoScan GPS Navigator is custom hardware allows the Display Unit to communicate with following cables:
- Openport 1.3U cable (1995-2006 Mitsubishi & 1999-2007 Subaru only, Includes Evo4-9 and Subaru v7/8/9/10)
- Openport 2.0 cable (EvoX only, Evo4-9 not supported on openport 2.0 cable)
- USB FTDI to Serial cable + Innovate LC1 wideband (+Aux Inputs)
- USB FTDI to Serial cable + Zietronix ZT2 wideband (+EGT,+Boost Inputs)
- USB FTDI to Serial cable + AEM wideband
The Wideband USB to serial cable has to be FTDI chipset based. (The Prolific chipset based serial cable will only work with evoscan on the desktop, it will not work on the PPC edition (its because Prolific have no windows ce drivers for their cable)
UPDATE: 1.3D cable is currently InOp in v1.7 - will look into this, first glance appears to be because it shares the same USB vid/pid as serial convertor cables. so I need to find a way of identifying them uniquely.
8 May 2010 EvoScanPPC v1.8 Updated to fix template2.txt bg image.
24 April 2010 UPDATE: EvoScanPPC v1.8 Subaru SSMII has just been released, two features added:
- Subaru SSMII Datalogging for op1.3R/op1.3U
- New "Show Readings" checkbox option, so that you can view the Readings on the main screen again if you like it. Leaving it unticked will csv log and gauge display twice as fast. (work in progress to fix up the Show Readings that slows things down - first glance appears to be the slow microsoft listview control on windows ce, might have to implement my own highspeed list view control)
More information and screenshots:
More information on EvoX usage and screenshots:
UPDATE: EvoScanPPC.exe v1.8 now released.
• EvoScan GPS Navigator now supports Subaru 1999-2007 Subaru SSMII
• Added "Show Readings" setting to the settings screen
• Tidied up the options screen, now split into "Utilities" and Settings.
Utilities Buttons are:
• Windows CE5 Desktop, Get DeviceID, OpenPort2 tester, Task Manager, Calibrate Screen, Reset (soft reset)
• Control Panel, Standby, RegEdit, GPS Signal, Date/Time, Power Mgmt, GPS Lap Timer, 0-60 & 1/4 Mile
• iGoR3 Navigator, OziExplorer, GarminXT, TomTom
18th Febuary 2010
EvoScanPPC GPS Navigator v1.7:
- New Gauge Template system, read the help text in the GaugeTemplate\template2.txt file.
- The Main page display screen currently has the readings disabled, this has given a 50% increase in csv file logging and gauge speed.
- Openport 2.0 support for EvoX! for Evo4/5/6/7/8/9 only OpenPort 1.3U/1.3R/1.3D is currently supported.
- Better Alarm startup support.
Preset settings for EVOX and OpenPort 2.0
This zip file is a full copy of the EvoScanPPC folder, rename your existing EvoScanPPC folder on your sd card, and then just extract this zip to a new EvoScanPPC folder on the SD Card.
Preset settings for EVO4/5/6/7/8/9 and OpenPort 1.3U/1.3R/1.3D
This zip file is a full copy of the EvoScanPPC folder, rename your existing EvoScanPPC folder on your sd card, and then just extract this zip to a new EvoScanPPC folder on the SD Card.
Fully tested and owrking on Innovate LC1 Wideband, AEM Wideband, Zietronix ZT2 wideband (including ZTXEGT). (to make this work you just need a 2 or 4 port small usb hub, and a FTDI to Serial (FTDI COM) cable.
If you wish to edit the GaugeTemplate template2.txt file (you can do so, the template2.txt template filename is hardcoded into EvoScan v1.7 for now, EvoscanPPC will load any template in that folder eventually, but for now its just hardcoded to template2.txt filename.)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: everytime i conect it says usb driver installed press reset.
A: yeah I am waiting for a ROM update from the WindowsCE factory to store the Evox OP2 driver permanently. until then, just make sure the switch underneath is switched to the on position, and turn the unit off with the standby button on the side, and this message will only then come up just the first time after a cold bootup.
13th September 2009
EvoScan v1.6 Download here: EvoScanPPCv1.6.zip <- EXE only, just extract and overwrite your existing EvoScanPPC.exe in the SD Card \EvoScanPPC\ folder.
New Features For EvoScan GPSNav Software - EvoScanPPC v1.6
- NEW: The saveddatalog files now save in a sequential order, so regardless of the date/time stamp, you will always be able to find the latest log file.
- NEW: MUTII EFI ECU Actuators now working on my Evo7/8 ecu. Should work on other ecus too.
- FIX: Connects to Evo7/8 ecu for reflashing now, timing issue introduced in v1.5 by accident. Also allows reflashing even when a wideband USB cable is attached, before it would select the wrong usb cable.
- NOTE: You can READ DTC and CLEAR DTC, even when the car is driving. Great for when the check engine light comes on whilst driving to see if it is important enough to pull over the car to the side of the road or not.
- NOTE: I tested the read/write ECU ROM reflash whilst driving, it shut my car down, so I would recommend pulling over before read or write ECU roms.
- FIX: Connects more readily when the device is disconnected on its own, mostly with the Wideband connected this happens.
- FIX: The alarms would not save and load correctly after restarting EvoScanPPC, now the alarms will work even after closing and re-opening EvoScanPPC.
- NOTE: AYC/ABS Actuators are currently not finished yet.
Other Software for your EvoScan Display Unit:
What is the extra white 12pin plug used for?
Garmin Navigation Software: GarminMobileXTv5.00.20wp.zip
Garmin Austrailia/NZ Maps: AUS_NZ_09NT.part1.rar AUS_NZ_09NT.part2.rar
Gps Tracking OziExplorer Software: OziExplorer.rar Great for Planes, Boats, and Tramping using google jpg or scanned maps.
My Reflashing was working now its not, I get the message No Known Init code.
The 12pin reflash plug is the reflash voltage line, and this uses the voltage directly from your cars battery, and not from your laptop. Some mitsubishi's in particular are very fussy when it comes to reflash voltage. So even if the car has enough voltage to start, it may not be enough voltage for the reflash portion of the diagnostic cable. Therefore I highly recommend that you have a battery charger connected whilst doing reflashes, or have the car run for at least 1 hours driving to get the battery voltage level really high. If you are running the car between flashes on a dyno for instance, then this should be sufficient. Try and keep the battery level above 12.6V for reflashing expeditions.
The 1 wire plug is just for reflashing, its not required for Datalogging, and its not required for Reading Diagnostic Trouble Codes. I personally just leave it plugged in full time, or if you have an older mitsubishi that has no reflashing support, you can cut the 12pin plug off and reattach it at a later date :) otherwise it will dangle around your feet, like it does in my Evo4, lol.
How can I datalog Air/Fuel Ratios from the EvoScan GPS Navigator Display Unit?
External AFRs are now supported in EvoScanPPC v1.5. You just have to buy yourself a FTDI to Serial adapter, and a small 2, 3, or 4 port usbhub, try it out. You can purchase an FTDI Serial to USB Adapter from www.limitless.co.nz/cables/ for $17.50, you will have to source the usb hub from your local shop. I have only successfully tested it on an Innovate Wideband Sensor.
What are all the folders on the 1GB SD card for?
Theres 7 individual folders:
\EvoScanPPC\DataSettings\Data.xml you can use this to change the dataitems displayed on the screen (same data.xml file that the windows version of EvoScan uses)
\EvoScanPPC\Images\ you can modify how your gauge backgrounds look like by modifying these PNG images with mspaint, corel or photoshop (In a future version you will be able to modify the layout and positions of the gauges and numerical labels/gauges, probably about v1.8 a new layout.xml file will be introduced.)
\EvoScanPPC\ROMs\ you can copy these reflashing .hex rom files backwards and forwards to your SDCard. And then using the ECU Reflash feature in EvoScanPPC you can read/write these ROMS to you vehicle from in-car. You can edit the .hex files in the free windows software called EcuFlash from Tactrix. Edit the ROMS using EcuFlash on your home PC and copy to your sdcard, and then put the sdcard into the EvoScan GPSNav to load your latest ROM changes into your car. Only Evo7/8/9 is currently supported for reflashing ROM modifications.
\EvoScanPPC\SavedDataLogs\EvoScanDataLog_2003.01.02_10.59.12.csv this is a standard log file, same as the windows EvoScan version, it can be opened in EXCEL for review. or opened in the EvoScan windows version Map Tracer and Graphs.
\EvoScanPPC\SavedSettings\ you can backup or copy these user preference settings files if you want to switch between different settings, or copy to another device.
- EvoScan.xml = User Preference
- Alarms.xml = Datalogging Alarms settings
\EvoScanPPC\SoundFiles\ you can add more .wav soud files for your alarms here if you like.
- CEDesktop.exe used for loading the device into desktop mode if you want to play games
- ITaskMgr.exe used if you feel like watching the CPU and Memory usage.
- jotkbd.exe not really used, its just for a virtual touchscreen keyboard
- MainMenu not really used, its just a shortcut which gets placed on the desktop which helps get back to the Main Menu of the device.
- Regedit.exe if you find some cool settings on the internet for you device you can go and edit your windows settings. I have already set the ClearType text to on in the registry.
\EvoScanPPC\EvoScanPPC.exe this is the main program, and it will execute from the main menu when you click the EvoScan icon. Most upgrades will just require this file to be replaced with a new version.
\NAVIGATOR\NAVIGATOR.exe is the file that is run by the Navigation main menu icon, so you can put any program you want here to run it from the main menu.
Keep your battery voltage levels high whilst reflashing.
Reflashing all Mitsubishi ecus have built in failsafe modes, so even a bad reflash can still be recovered automatically by the EcuFlash software and just remember to keep the battery levels high.
The 12pin reflash plug is the reflash voltage line, and this uses the voltage directly from your cars battery, and not from your laptop. Some mitsubishi's in particular are very fussy when it comes to reflash voltage. So even if the car has enough voltage to start, it may not be enough voltage for the reflash portion of the diagnostic cable. Therefore I highly recommend that you have a battery charger connected whilst doing reflashes, or have the car run for at least 1 hours driving to get the battery voltage level really high. If you are running the car between flashes on a dyno for instance, then this should be sufficient. Try and keep the battery level above 11.8V for reflashing expeditions.
Would you like to just connect one cable from behind the dash to the EvoScan GPSNav?
Consider purchasing a mini usb extension cable from your local electronics store:
EvoScanPPC Upgrade Versions:
8th August 2009
EvoScan v1.5 Download here: EvoScanPPCv1.5.zip 1.12Mb FULL INSTALL
1. Did you purchase your EvoScan GPS Navigator before 28th July 2009? then firstly upgrade your Operating System Firmware to v106 (as shown further below)
2. Exit to the main menu on the display unit.
3. Remove the blue SD card from the side of your display unit
4. Insert the Blue SDCard it into your Red PC USB/SD card adapter, and plug the usb end into your laptop or PC.
5. If a dialog appears, choose "browse" disk
6. EvoScanPPC v1.5 is a full directory install, so please rename the EvoScanPPC folder to EvoScanPPC_Old (or backup the EvoScanPPC folder by copying it to your PC Somewhere, or delete the EvoScanPPC folder if you have no log files you wish to keep.)
7. Unzip the file above into a folder called /EvoScanPPC/ on the sd card. (IMPORTANT Ensure the folder is called "EvoScanPPC" on the sdcard)
8. Wait for the light to stop flashing on the Red SDCard Adapter
9. Replace the Blue SD Card back into the EvoScan GPS Navigator Display Unit.
10. Click EvoScan from the main menu, after it is loaded, you should see v1.5 in the top right hand corner if all is well.
New Features For EvoScan GPSNav Software - EvoScanPPC v1.5
- NEW: Connects to FTDI to Serial USB Adapter for Wideband readings. Yes it must be a FTDI brand serial adapter cable, you can check using a windows PC to be sure, using usbview, to be certain your serial to usb adapter contains the correct VID 0403 and PID 6001 (also a usb cable with VID 0403 PID CC4A will work) or you can get a FTDI serial to usb adapter cable from www.limitless.co.nz/cables for $17.50. And you will need at a small 2/3or4port usbhub, so that you can have two usb cables connected at once. (try to just get a generic usb one, I found some of the fancy hubs that had lots of other special slots (i.e duo/mmc slots) caused issues with "missing driver" popups on the GPSNav.
- NEW: EVO9 ECU Rom Read/Write Reflashing Supported. (2005-07 Mitsubishi Evo9/EclipseAT)
- EXISTING: EVO7/8 ECU Rom Read/Write Reflashing Supported. (2001-05 Mitsubishi Evo7/8/Lancer/GS/GT)
- UPDATED: LogSeconds in the csv log file would reset to 0 when autoreconnect is enabled, this is now fixed.
- UPDATED: Alarms would save ok, but when going to edit them, the list only showed the last alarm duplicated down the list, this is now fixed.
- UPDATED: Sometimes I would double click the EvoScan menu icon by accident and it would load two copies of EvoScan, which caused the second copy of EvoScan that was open to have an error connecting to the Cable which was already in use by the other EvoScan copy. this is now fixed.
How can I datalog Air/Fuel Ratios from the EvoScan GPS Navigator Display Unit?
External AFRs are now supported in EvoScanPPC v1.5. You just have to buy yourself a FTDI to Serial adapter, and a small 2, 3, or 4 port usbhub, try it out. You can purchase an FTDI Serial to USB Adapter from www.limitless.co.nz/cables/ for $17.50, you will have to source the usb hub from your local shop. Tested Successfully on Innovate LC1, AEM UEGO, Zeitronix ZT2 Wideband models.
28th July 2009 Firmware Operating System upgrade. to v106
All EvoScan GPS Navigators sold after 28th July 2009 already have this v106 firmware pre-installed, so you don't need to do this upgrade.
Download here: EvoScanGPSnav_Firmware_v106.zip
Installation Instructions: Follow these instructions carefully:
1) Format a SPARE SDCard with FAT (yes it must be formatted with FAT (not FAT32), and yes it must be a FULL format (not QUICK), if you are going to use your sdcard that came with your GPSNav make sure you take a backup (or copy) of the sdcard to restore later.)
2) Extract the file from the zip file and then Copy the EvoScanGPSnav_Firmware_v106.nb0 file onto the freshly formatted sdcard (do not create any folders nor subfolders)
3) Put this sd card in the EvoScan GPS Navigator
4) Make sure the device is fairly charged. (power unplugged, and do not have any openport usb cables attached.)
5) turn the bottom switch to On, wait for the menu to appear
6) use a stylus or pen, hold down the reset button. while holding down the reset button, briefly click the standby button once (yep its the button next to the reset hole), all while still holding down the reset button, you will see the screen go Blue, then after a few moments it will go Yellow, now ONLY once the screen is Yellow you can now let go of the reset button. Now wait for about 30 seconds while the new firmware loads itself and then you will end up back at the menu once its finished.
7) Reinsert your original sdcard with the EvoScanPPC and Navigator folders on it.
EvoScan GPS Navigator Firmware v106 Improvements List:
- Performance enhancements.
- Cleartype font enabled by default. (no longer need to reset the device to enable cleartype fonts)
28th Feb 2009 EvoScanPPC v1.3 Upgrade.
Download here: EvoScanPPCv1.3.zip
v1.3 is just an EvoScanPPC.exe upgrade, extract the exe file out of this zip and overwrite the existing EvoScanPPC.exe in the /EvoScan/ folder on the sdcard. (IMPORTANT Ensure the folder is called "EvoScanPPC" on the sdcard)
EvoScan v1.3 Enhancements List:
- The EcuFlash read/write can now connect after dataogging, and it will cancel datalogging if its still running.
- ECUFlash Evo9 Support - untested on evo9, please let me know if this is working on Evo9 ecus.
- Added Lap Timer EXAMPLE Only Screen.
- Added 1/4 Mile EXAMPLE Only Screen.
- Actuators is EXAMPLE Only Screen.
22nd Feb 2009 EvoScanPPCv1.2.zip
v1.2 is a full directory install, so please rename the existing EvoScan folder on the SDCard to something else. Or delete the existing EvoScan folder if you have no log files you wish to keep.
1. Exit to the main menu on the display unit.
1. Remove the blue 1GB SD card from the side of your display unit
2. Insert it into your red sd card adapter, and plug the usb end into you laptop or PC.
3. If a dialog appears, choose "browse" disk
4. Rename the EvoScan folder to EvoScan_Original
5. Unzip the file above into the /EvoScan/ folder (IMPORTANT Ensure the folder is called "EvoScanPPC" on the sdcard)
6. Wait for the light to stop flashing on the Red SDCard Adapter
7. Replace the Blue 1Gb SD Card into the EvoScan Display Unit.
8. Click EvoScan from the main menu, after it is loaded, you should see v1.2 in the top right hand corner if all is well.
New For EvoScan Display Unit Software v1.2
- Added: Auto Start Feature, such as auto start logging, auto start csv logging, auto display gauges on connection.
- Added: 0% Throttle Position Sensor Fix option, this displays the TPS sensor as 0 on the gauges calculated from the minimum value received for the TPS.
- Added: You can choose from the Options->Settings which items you would like to see on the Gauges. Choose any dataitem for each of the 5 Numeric Gauges.
- Added: Alarms option, so that you can be warned via the built in speaker of high temperatures, high knock sum, or high injector duty cycle, etc. You can set up any combination of alarms.
- Added: The Actuators screen is available from the options menu, even though this is still in progess, you can see how it is going to work in a future verison.
- Added: Diagnostic Codes now has 4 options, OBDII DTC CELs, MUTII EFI, MUTII AYC, MUTII ABS ecus.
- Added: RPM gauge now calculates as it should.
- Updated: the Options-> Windows CE Desktop feature now leaves EvoScan running in the background, so that you can run other apps simultaneously.
- Fuel Consumption calculations mpg and km/100L.
- EFI/AYC/ABS Actuators support.
- More Gauge screens.
- OpenPort 2.0 support.
- Multitask between Applications using the external buttons.
- 0-100, 0-60ft times.
- Lap Timer, and Sector Times.
- GPS data logging.
Free Download for Windows Version of EvoScan for ALL EvoScan GPS Navigator Customers